Wednesday, March 11, 2009

CCP and Me

The best coconut cream pie ever can be found at Village Inn (specifically the one on S. Campbell and Republic Rd.) It is a little bit of heaven on a plate.

My friend Jennifer and I like to go there occasionally and partake of a slice of fluffy yumminess. In fact all we have to text one another is "CCP" and we know what the other means.

My soul purpose, this night was not only the pie, but I was needing some substance. I had awoken from a nap and needed something in my belly.

I looked the menu over trying to first decide between a breakfast item or a supper item. I finally decided to try the smothered chicken (grilled chicken with melted swiss covered in chopped onions and green peppers), a cup of minestrone soup, a baked potato, and for dessert, the infamous ccp :) .

The waitress first brought the soup. I have never tried the minestrone soup, but thought, "What the heck; I'm sick of salads." I was pleasantly suprised. It was really good.

I finished the soup and the main course was delivered promptly. The chicken was delicious along with the potato. I fully enjoyed the onions and green peppers and chicken paired with the baked potato. Occassionally, I like to combine items on my plate to see what flavors go well. A+ on onions and green peppers on a baked potato!

Finally, the grand entrance of ccp! The serve the pie with a cold fork which I love because I really do hate using my same fork from my entree' as for my dessert.

I finished the delicious dish and sat there happily checking facebook from my blackberry. Once again, I have a satisfied stomach :)





No comments:

Post a Comment